Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Creativity

Newsweek brought up an interesting topic in a recent issue: creativity. You can read the full article here and I highly recommend you do, it will change your life.

"The argument that we can’t teach creativity because kids already have too much to learn is a false trade-off. Creativity isn’t about freedom from concrete facts. Rather, fact-finding and deep research are vital stages in the creative process."

This article falls in line with a new way of teaching that I have been learning this summer: TAB or Teaching Artistic Behaviors. I believe this way of teaching can revolutionize the way students learn. If you are excited like I am excited then take a look at the TAB link and read about the neat group of people that are making this work nationally. You can also check out the blog for Julie Toole, my CFE study group team leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...