Monday, November 1, 2010

Old Memories + New Toys =

I found a great post on the internet about using masking fluid to make a stencil. I am obsessed with stencils currently, so naturally I had to try this method. I happened to have that blocking fluid from a trip to Blick a few weeks back.

I had already begun a drawing of a memory from a couple of summers ago when my friend and her baby were lounging and feeding on the floor of the cabin next to a sleeping dog (not pictured). Swimsuits make for easy access!

So I added a quick stencil of peacock feathers (the mother's favorite) in the background.



I think next time i will do only a fraction of the background with the stencil but I'm pretty happy with this little piece. I can't wait to give this to my friend-apparently she has yet to hang any art on her walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...