Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eight Forty-Eight - Into the World of Synesthesia

Yesterday I caught a story about Synesthesia on Eight Forty-Eight. If you are unfamiliar with Synesthesia it is a condition in which people have two sensory experiences simultaneously, think of eight as always being pink or in the case of this story, angry. Early on in my career I worked one-on-one with a pre-school aged boy with Autism and it changed my life. Autism is not Synesthesia but the story supports the theory that people experience the world in a different way. In fact they take the stance that this 'different way' reminds us that we are all unique and that the world is full of rainbows like we suspected when we were children. Ok, the rainbow part is my idea but I think it's going to catch on like wildfire.
Eight Forty-Eight - Into the World of Synesthesia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...